After having to spend an entire day listening to shit… err… pop music, I decided to give all fellow metal-heads a Valentine Day present… show your love for metal by showing your hate for pop… www.IHatePop.com
I would have said America wasn’t ready for it. And I don’t think they were, because they’re trying to drag him down now. I mean, the poor fucker’s only just gotten rid of all that George Bush shit that he left, or is trying to. And he’s being stonewalled by the fucking Congress all the time. I don’t know how he’s gotten anything done. They should be glad. I mean the alternative is Mitt Romney. Please, please don’t vote for Mitt Romney. Fuck him. Repeal abortion law is the first thing he’ll do. Fucking monster.
TOP 50 REASONS TO VOTE FOR OBAMA
As Americans go to the polls today, it seems a perfect time to take a final look back at what we’ve been through the past four years. With that in mind, here’s a quick new list of top reasons to re-elect President Obama. Some of the reasons you may not like, and some things you may think we missed, but these are our top 50 reasons to vote for President Obama.
- President Obama inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression (an economy losing 800,000 jobs a month) and led us out of it (now creating 170,000 jobs a month).
- Under Obama, we’ve now had 32 consecutive months of private sector job growth.
- We’ve added nearly 5 1/2 million new jobs during that time.
- The president saved or created 3 million new jobs with the American Recovery Act.
- He saved 1 million auto-related jobs with the auto bailout.
- He helped boost new car sales with the popular “cash for clunkers” program.
- He cut taxes for small businesses 18 times.
- He cut middle class taxes an average of $3600 over 4 years.
- He cut payroll taxes for working families.
- Despite what Republicans would have you believe, income taxes are lower today than under most of the Reagan administration (35% today versus 50% then) and the corporate tax rate is lower than it was under Reagan.
- New financial reform will help reign in Wall Street abuses.
- Banks have paid back the money loaned to the them from the Bush financial bailout.
- Obama required CEOs at banks that received bailout money to agree to executive compensation limits until their loans were repaid.
- He created a new consumer protection bureau to set fair rules for what financial institutions can do with consumer credit cards, mortgages, and student loans.
- Mortgage interest rates for homebuyers have reached record lows.
- Corporations earned record profits, which undermines the argument that the president’s policies are bad for business.
- Obama passed comprehensive health care reform (Affordable Care Act) that Presidents Truman, Nixon, Clinton, and others have been trying to do for 70 years.
- 32 million people will now get health care coverage under the ACA.
- Young adults can stay on their parents’ health care plans until they turn 26.
- People with pre-existing conditions will no longer be denied health coverage.
- Seniors on Medicare will save thousands of dollars on prescription drugs and other medical costs through the ACA.
- And the Affordable Care Act reduces the deficit by more than $100 billion.
- President Obama encouraged states to set common academic standards and provided support for the nation’s best teachers through his Race to the Top education initiative.
- He reduced student loan payments for college students and borrowers to 10 percent of their discretionary income.
- He helped first-time homebuyers purchase a home with an $8,000 tax credit.
- Home prices are finally coming back after the 2008 market collapse.
- The president got BP to set up a $20 billion victims’ compensation fund to help Gulf residents after the historic 2010 oil spill.
- America’s dependence on foreign oil is declining and U.S. oil imports have fallen to a 20-year low.
- The war in Iraq has been ended.
- The war in Afghanistan will end in 2014.
- And we finally got Osama Bin Laden and took out Al Qaeda’s top deputies.
- The president gave the orders that rescued U.S. commercial ships from Somali pirates.
- He led the international effort to remove Moammar Gaddafi in Libya.
- He signed new trade agreements with South Korea, Panama and Colombia.
- The Dow has doubled from 6500 in March 2009 to more than 13,000 today.
- Women are now entitled to equal pay for equal work under the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
- Obama appointed two women to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- He appointed the first Latina to the Supreme Court.
- And in the words of First Lady Michelle Obama, “he believes that women are more than capable of making our own choices about our bodies and our health care.”
- He appointed the first African American Attorney General.
- He signed the Fair Sentencing Act, which reduces the sentencing disparity between crack cocaine and powder cocaine.
- He ended “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” that prevented gays and lesbians from serving openly in the military.
- The Justice Department stopped enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act, a discriminatory law widely considered unconstitutional.
- Obama became the first president in U.S. history to announce his support for marriage equality.
- And he signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act.
- He appointed his former rival Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State.
- He was endorsed by George Bush’s Secretary of State Colin Powell, former Republican Senator Larry Pressler, former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a former Republican.
- He was praised by Republican Governors Chris Christie and Bob McDonnell for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- Of the 500+ promises Obama made when he ran for office, 374 of them (75 percent) have been kept, fully or partly, or are currently in progress.
- And he did all this in the face of stiff GOP opposition and a Senate Republican Leader who vowed his top political priority was to make Barack Obama a 1-term president.
- ♪ Napalm Death - Thanks For Nothing... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/2TD2hg1Nos 1 week ago
- ♬ Dark Funeral - Ravenna Strigoi Mortii... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/EspYYy8tVM 1 week ago
- ♪ Metallica - Ronnie... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/q56H0QPrFW 1 week ago
- ♬ Sodom - Electrocution... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/s23zDPHCQY 1 week ago
- ♬ Die Apokalyptischen Reiter - Wo Die Geister Ganz Still Ster... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/l154fsfd6M 1 week ago
- ♪ Drudkh - Decadence... @ http://t.co/bBXc4m9sqP #nowplaying http://t.co/uL3WtkiohY 1 week ago
- More updates...